Why become a member? ×

Help With Zoom Rfx 1000

Cybergimp109

all effects sound a bit weird to me so i think im doing something wrong mainly id like to get the vocoder working anyway.
but any experience you can share would be handy.
got this multi fx unit and cant seem to get the vocoder working can anyone give me a step by step guide to setting it up right or a link or anything basically .

i have a mic plugged into the front mic jack, instrument (through a synth pedal) to the left mono input on the rear and output to an amp through the left out on the back.
am i doing something wrong?
i only have my practice amp with me usually id have it in the effects loop i think would that help anything?

i have read the manual and i think i have everything set up right.
any help much appreciated,

i used to have one of these units, and did find the vocoder tricky to use.

as far as i remember it was mainly down to tweaking the levels of the mic and rear panel input so that the vocoder triggers correctly.

sorry, i can't really offer any more help than that...

good luck !

[quote name='ahpook' post='1100195' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:55 PM']i used to have one of these units, and did find the vocoder tricky to use.

as far as i remember it was mainly down to tweaking the levels of the mic and rear panel input so that the vocoder triggers correctly.

sorry, i can't really offer any more help than that...

good luck ![/quote]

ill take all the help i can get! thanks that give me somewhere to start anyway.
i can get the bass sound through or the mic sound through connecting it up differently but cant seem to control it with the other.
also sounds like the sound is being changed i might have an effect i dont know about on though. manual made it seem like it would be plug and play easyness.. maybe it is.
anyway cheers keep it coming if anyone knows anything?