Why become a member? ×

Rock Retreat Cardiff

gelfin

[b]Rock Retreat Cardiff[/b]

Firstly this is not in competition with the planned Cardiff Bass Bash.

Rock Retreat is a recurring event organised at my Church by me and a few musician friends every couple of months. There have been two so far. The second was a lot more successful than the first because word got around.

Anyway I’m putting this up here to invite any young bass players in the Cardiff area along to the next one which is likely to be March or April. The venue is Park End Church, Rhydapenau Crossroads, Roath, Cardiff.

It is open to Bass players, guitarists, drummers and keyboards from the ages of 11 to 16 ish. We set up various rooms with Guitar amps, bass amps and drum kits. The day runs from 2pm to 6pm. The main idea of the day is to let youngsters play somewhat louder than they can at home and get to try out some decent kit As well as getting together with others of their own age and jamming in a band situation rather than being stuck in the bedroom or garage on their own. They are invited to bring their own basses, guitars etc.
The kit we supply is variously . Gallien Kreuger, Marshall, Engl, Fender, Vox amps. Rickenbacker, Toby Pro, Tokai T Bird, Epi Eplorer. Gibson Lp 1960, SG Epi twin neck amongst others. I don’t know much about the drum kits but they are all decent.
We have had plenty of drummers and guitarists but hardly any bass players so if you fancy coming to the next one PM me with your email and when the next date is set I can let you know about it. There is no charge for the day and there are free refreshments. All adults that help out are CRB checked.

If you like the idea you could think of setting up something similar in your own area?

Here's the poster for RT 2