Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Usa Ampeg Svt 4 Pro

PauBass

I'm selling my American made Ampeg SVT4 Pro.

You all know the deal with these amps: huge power, awesome sound...All the specs can be found here:
[url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/pro/svt4pro/"]http://www.ampeg.com/products/pro/svt4pro/[/url]

The amp is in great condition and working perfectly, recently fully serviced by Andy Collins at Antech-systems.com.

The amp benefits of an added switch, profesionally installed, providing the fan with two speeds to increase air flow if needed...No, there's nothing wrong with the amp! It does not overheat at all, it's just a helpful addition to have when mounting the amp on tight rack cases, you flick the switch, increase the fan speed and cool down the amp faster, then back to normal speed...I've never used it much but it's been a good thing to have.

[b]SOLD[/b]

Collection from Hove or happy to ship it too.

Edited by PauBass

For some reason the USA versions of these amps are significantly more reliable than the "Made In China" versions. I've a friend who works for a large South African distributor/hire company and they're having an absolute nightmare with Ampeg at the moment re a load of Chinese SVT-4Pro amps that keep blowing the pre valves and/or power stage. By the sounds of it it's not just one amp, it's a significant percentage. He never had an issue with any USA SVT-4Pro amps...

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='Dubs' post='1094108' date='Jan 18 2011, 05:10 PM']For some reason the USA versions of these amps are significantly more reliable than the "Made In China" versions. I've a friend who works for a large South African distributor/hire company and they're having an absolute nightmare with Ampeg at the moment re a load of Chinese SVT-4Pro amps that keep blowing the pre valves and/or power stage. By the sounds of it it's not just one amp, it's a significant percentage. He never had an issue with any USA SVT-4Pro amps...

Good luck with the sale![/quote]

Thanks!

I've had two USA version SVT 4s and never had any reliability issues, they are awesome amps...I'm just changing my sound a bit :)