Why become a member? ×

Vintage Electro-acoustic 4-string

neilmiddlemass

Bit sad to be selling this - it's actually a really lovely bass, but I have a double bass now and just although they're hardly the same thing, I've found I just don't use this anymore.

It's an electro-acoustic and sounds good plugged in - I use a MarkBass 2 x10 combo and it sounds great through that with none of the humming you can get from such instruments. It's a fisherman pickup rather than a mic - has a very clear and bright sound, sounds amazing with new strings (a decent set of which will be about £30 and although the strings on it are still fine, you'd need a new set to really ge tthe best out of it).

I've gigged with this, used it on records and just jammed at BBQs etc - great to have and useful if you can't always practice with the amp on.

It's in very good condition, has always been kept in the case when not in use - no damage to report. Tried to take pics of some of the details - the little mountain on the sound hole etc. (also repeated on 12th fret as you may be able to see in the picture).

I'm based in SE London/Kent area (Beckenham) and although collection preferred, I can drop it round to you if you're nearish. Otherwise it could be couriered (from memory that costs about £30-40 and that's up to you.)

Any questions, drop me a note

Guide price would be anything fair North of £100

[quote name='Stuee' post='1092992' date='Jan 17 2011, 07:37 PM']Hi Neil,
Are you sure that's the model number? Google doesn't seem to know anything about it, which is unusual.

Ta, Stuee[/quote]

Hi Stuee

That's what it says on the label in the sound hole - I will see if I can find it on Google and update accordingly if I find I've made an error...

N