Why become a member? ×

Bass Lessons On The Wirral/liverpool Area

risingson

Hi everyone,

My name is Liam, I'm offering bass guitar lessons on an hourly basis to all ages on Tuesday and Thursday nights, based on the Wirral. It doesn't matter if you're a complete beginner or a more advanced player, everyone is welcome!

[b]BACKGROUND[/b]: I was taught at Paul McCartney's LIPA (Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts) studying music. I am a regular gigging musician around the country and abroad, and have played with a number of outfits over the years, with genres spanning everything from rock, pop, soul, R&B, funk and jazz.

[b]MY AIM AS A TEACHER:[/b] I'm keen to get all of my students enjoying themselves playing the bass guitar and simply being comfortable playing the music that YOU as a student are interested in! The focus would be on getting your technique, timing and feel together, as well as a focus on what kind of theory you're going to need to know. It's all about having a lot of fun, as well as building on the strengths of your musical interest!

[b]WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:[/b] Yourself (of course!), your bass guitar, a lead and pen and paper. That's it... and we can get started immediately!

Drop me a personal message if you are at all interested and I'll reply right away :)

Edited by risingson

• 2 weeks later...

Liam is a really cool guy, very honest and tallented to boot. Whilst I cannot whole heartidly vouch for him as a tutor, as I am not a student of his, I can safely say he is a fantastic player, a true gent and a very knowledgable and enthusiastic bass player.

Liam purchased a bass of mine a good while ago, turned up on time, was pleasent and had the readdies. when he arrives he trys out the bass he is buying from me playing all kinds of things from beyoncee to intricate jazz lines to slap,tap etc, but it was really natual as opposed to showing off, licks etc. He then played all of the rest of my collection of exotic basses (and made them sound better than I could have made them sound) I were really impressed how someone so youthful could be so accomplished!! His feel, sense of groove and timing were impeccible.(handsome B***ard As well!! and his tallent left me and my 25 years of performing feeling somewhat humble.

Regards

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...