Why become a member? ×

Legacy Thunderbird

mattjones_81

For sale is my Legacy thunderbird bass. I bought this bass about a year ago as i've always really liked the shape and look of the thunderbird bass. However I found i never really used it as i always seem to use my warwick which I've owned and used for years - so this bass has just sat in it's box not being used so needs to go.

The bass has had it's pickups replaced with 2 passive EMG select pickups. With two volume pots and a tone pot you can dial in a good range of sounds with this set up. It comes with a dimarzio locking strap. I moved the upper strap screw from the upper horn to behind the neck joint. This means the bass does not suffer from neck dive anymore but has left a small hole on the upper horn where the strap screw was. (i've tried to show this in the picture)

Cosmetically the bass is is excellent condition. There is just one very small scuff on the lower corner - which can't be seen when played. (again i've tried to picture this) otherwise it is completely mint.

The bass will come with the hard case pictured (i don't have keys for the lock). I'm after £150 for it - no trades thanks - i need the cash. I am based in Bath and would advise collection due to size and weight but will have a go at posting at the buyers expense if required.

any questions - please ask

Action has been set up pretty low - i like a low action - it's not as low as my peavey t40 but the frets are lower on that bass than this one. I have a warwick streamer and a yamaha bass and the action feels about the same as these? I can get some measurements if needed or you can sort of see the string height in the photos.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions

thanks

Matt

[quote name='mattjones_81' post='1099946' date='Jan 23 2011, 06:50 PM']Action has been set up pretty low - i like a low action - it's not as low as my peavey t40 but the frets are lower on that bass than this one. I have a warwick streamer and a yamaha bass and the action feels about the same as these? I can get some measurements if needed or you can sort of see the string height in the photos.

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions

thanks

Matt[/quote]

I like the look of it, but I'm up in Cumbria. Any idea how much postage?

[quote name='mattjones_81' post='1102806' date='Jan 25 2011, 09:34 PM']ok mate - i'll try and get it down the post office this week and get a postage price for you

cheers

Matt[/quote]

Id be very interested in the hard case for it mate

you selling seperately??

Craig

[quote name='mattjones_81' post='1102806' date='Jan 25 2011, 09:34 PM']ok mate - i'll try and get it down the post office this week and get a postage price for you

cheers

Matt[/quote]

Cheers bud.... if I go for it... I'd want the case as well though! (sorry Craig)

Hi Crag42,

Many thanks for your offer - sorry but I don't really want to sell seperately - can always use the case for my other basses.

Craig222 - As mentioned previously I will try and get a postage price for you ASAP - it's a bit mental at work at the moment (I'm a teacher and OFSTED are in!) Hope to be able to get you a price by tomorrow evening all being well

Thanks both

Matt