Why become a member? ×

DB hire Scotland

baboom

Was wondering if anyone knows of DB hire in Scotland?

There is one place that charges £300/week but that is a tad ridiculous. Planning to phone Thwaites to see if they'll hire by post.

Else I suppose buying one is the next most logical option (ignoring borrow and steal!)! Ideally I'd like a bit more time on target before buying - or will that not really matter too much?

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' post='1088692' date='Jan 13 2011, 10:26 PM']Mev Taylors in Edinburgh used to do a rental scheme that was not too expensive, but only with the entry level instruments. I'm not sure whether they still do it though.

Edit; yes they do - link [url="http://www.mevtaylors.co.uk/rental.htm"]Here[/url][/quote]

Thanks - that could be just the ticket. No way I'd be able to justify something mega expensive anyway!

[quote name='baboom' post='1088682' date='Jan 13 2011, 10:16 PM']Was wondering if anyone knows of DB hire in Scotland?

There is one place that charges £300/week but that is a tad ridiculous. Planning to phone Thwaites to see if they'll hire by post.

Else I suppose buying one is the next most logical option (ignoring borrow and steal!)! Ideally I'd like a bit more time on target before buying - or will that not really matter too much?[/quote]

Hi. My friend Rick may be able to help you. He lives near Glasgow and is a freelance bass player - he hires out one of his basses. On one occasion to Gary Peacock. His email is [email protected]
I hope this is useful for you. Good luck. Marc

[quote name='MarcDan' post='1088808' date='Jan 14 2011, 12:42 AM']Hi. My friend Rick may be able to help you. He lives near Glasgow and is a freelance bass player - he hires out one of his basses. On one occasion to Gary Peacock. His email is [email protected]
I hope this is useful for you. Good luck. Marc[/quote]

Thanks Marc, will drop him a line.