Why become a member? ×

HELP? Ashdown 515 question about increasing wattage/ohms...

minkey1980

hi,

ok I have bought an ashdown 515 at 100 watts to do some smaller gigs.

Unfortunately it does not have a line out to the PA like I assumed (stupid never checked and it was via ebay).
It does have wheels though so its not all bad!

What it does have is a 8/4 ohms extension out.

Does that mean If i need it to go louder I can add an extra cab? Will this make it louder or just half the sound between speakers?

Can I put it through a PA speaker?

Thanks

PS Just read this back and it makes me sound a right wolly but truth is I am used to it all being set up and just playing, times change!!!!

Edited by minkey1980

[quote name='minkey1980' post='1083670' date='Jan 9 2011, 10:08 PM']hi,

ok I have bought an ashdown 515 at 100 watts to do some smaller gigs.

Unfortunately it does not have a line out to the PA like I assumed (stupid never checked and it was via ebay).
It does have wheels though so its not all bad!

What it does have is a 8/4 ohms extension out.

Does that mean If i need it to go louder I can add an extra cab? Will this make it louder or just half the sound between speakers?

Can I put it through a PA speaker?

Thanks

PS Just read this back and it makes me sound a right wolly but truth is I am used to it all being set up and just playing, times change!!!![/quote]

The Ashdown 515 is 100w into 4Ω.
As soon as you plug an extension cab into the Ext Speaker socket it will cut out the internal speaker so you'll not get any extra volume.

You only have two choices if you want extra volume using this combo:
1) Mic it up and send it through the PA.
2) Use a DI splitter box and send one of the channels back to the PA or another bass amp.

The instruction manual for the 515 is [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/tech/manuals/AllAccessOps.pdf"]here[/url] if that's any help :)

Edited by icastle

[quote name='icastle' post='1083736' date='Jan 9 2011, 10:51 PM']The Ashdown 515 is 100w into 4Ω.
As soon as you plug an extension cab into the Ext Speaker socket it will cut out the internal speaker so you'll not get any extra volume.

You only have two choices if you want extra volume using this combo:
1) Mic it up and send it through the PA.
2) Use a DI splitter box and send one of the channels back to the PA or another bass amp.

The instruction manual for the 515 is [url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/tech/manuals/AllAccessOps.pdf"]here[/url] if that's any help :)[/quote]

Thanks for that - ill research di splitters