Why become a member? ×

You Oughta Know

wal4string

From the Alanis Morissete album Jagged Little Pill.

Flea tunes his bass down a semitone which is quite common, but a bit of a pain if really, as in this track where the song relies on playing the odd open string, so simply playing down a fret is not the answer.
So to avoid the need to tune bass down a semitone I have written the part up and retuned the track instead.

The You Oughta Know.zip is the MP3 of the recording so music and transcription now in same key. Forgive me if it sounds a bit phased.

[b]Note.[/b] You will need the transcription and the zip file to play along in the same key.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='wal4string' post='1083567' date='Jan 9 2011, 08:40 PM']From the Alanis Morissete album Jagged Little Pill.[/quote]

Thanks for that. When ever in the past I wanted to convince folk how a bassline could make a song I played them this song. Never failed to convert people to the greatness of bass.

Have now included the raised track so transcription now in correct key.

I am confused?It would appear that folks around here just like looking at the score without playing along to the track or just perhaps I have not explained well enough.

I shall try again.

The transcription is written one fret higher than played on the original recording.

So, I have moved the track up one fret so they will sound correct when played together, hence the need for the You Oughta Know zip file.

Now go and write it out a hundred times "If I don't understand what this guy is talking about, just ask" (PM if you prefer)

We are not turning into drummers around here I hope?

Which reminds me of my favourite drummer gag.
Q. What's got 3 legs and a c*nt.
A. A drumstool.

Just kidding.

Edited by wal4string