Why become a member? ×

FREE 100 day evaluation copy of PPG Wave 3.v

darkandrew

Hi, just in case anybody also uses soft synths as well as real basses - I thought I'd post that Waldorf have put a free download of their latest soft synth, PPG Wave 3.V, on their website. This is a soft synth emulation of the PPG Wave 2.3 that was used extensively on Propaganda's Secret Wish album and many other recordings of the early-mid eighties. The download is fully functional, and apparantly identical, to the retail version except that it is limited to a 100 day evaluation period (after that you have to buy it if you want to keep using it). I'm not sure how long they'll keep the evaluation download available but since it's free there's little harm in giving it a go.

[url="http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/ppg-3-evaluation.html"]http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/ppg-3-evaluation.html[/url]

I've just downloaded it myself and was, to be honest, slightly disappointed with it - after all A Secret Wish is one of my all-time favourite albums and this just didn't live up to my expectations. No doubt with some tinkering I'll be able to get some usefull sounds out of it but after all it was free and I do have the best part of a third of year to decide if it's worth keeping.

PS

and IMHO Derek Forbes is probably one of the most underated bass players of that era.

Edited by darkandrew