Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender TB600?

Phil-osopher10

I would like to know how they sound too.

Posted nearly the same question a few weeks ago.
seems that hardly anyone stocks them over here, they get really good reviews in the USA and a lot of bands that used to use the ampeg svt 5 pro now use that fender or the one up with more watts.

I heard that they were basically the same design/amp as one of the old Sunn amps ? (correct me if i'm wrong)

Think a few people on here might have played one of them so might have an idea of how it sounds.

I have one as a backup head which has never been used! Great head. Really thick warm tone that cuts through, plus has some really cool features like the overdrive section, room balance etc

I'm actually considering selling it as the last tour I did it just sat in the hold of the bus, flightcased for 3 weeks, it is very heavy for what it is but then it does sound awesome and it's very, very loud!!

[quote name='*Monster*' post='1076876' date='Jan 3 2011, 10:19 PM']I would like to know how they sound too.

Posted nearly the same question a few weeks ago.
seems that hardly anyone stocks them over here, they get really good reviews in the USA and a lot of bands that used to use the ampeg svt 5 pro now use that fender or the one up with more watts.

I heard that they were basically the same design/amp as one of the old Sunn amps ? (correct me if i'm wrong)

Think a few people on here might have played one of them so might have an idea of how it sounds.[/quote]

Really? the fender one or the Sunn one?

Good to hear that they have a nice tone, how usable is the built in overdrive Chanel?
That room balance control looks really useful too.

Well if you ever do decide to sell it give me a pm, i could be interested.

Thanks

[quote name='attackbass' post='1076894' date='Jan 3 2011, 10:30 PM']I have one as a backup head which has never been used! Great head. Really thick warm tone that cuts through, plus has some really cool features like the overdrive section, room balance etc

I'm actually considering selling it as the last tour I did it just sat in the hold of the bus, flightcased for 3 weeks, it is very heavy for what it is but then it does sound awesome and it's very, very loud!![/quote]