Why become a member? ×

Recording tips

Danbass7

I love "musos" on forums who think all sound engineers are idiots by default. Its a fantastically narrow minded and blind approach. Telling an engineer how to do their job is just as bad as them telling you that your basslines are crap and someone else should play the parts.

Why would an engineer throw up hundreds of mics? He knows what he is doing and how is going to do it.

If it sounds crap, COMMUNICATE. If you still dont get good results, why are you using this engineer? You must have picked them for a reason. If that reason is price, then consider if you really have a right to complain? You can work TOGETHER. It doesnt have to be a battle all the time, which seems to be something most bands expect.

[quote name='NJW' post='139928' date='Feb 13 2008, 10:44 PM']I love "musos" on forums who think all sound engineers are idiots by default. Its a fantastically narrow minded and blind approach. Telling an engineer how to do their job is just as bad as them telling you that your basslines are crap and someone else should play the parts.[/quote]

I agree...

1) Let them do what they do.
2) Don't let them drink your beer.
3) If you like it go to 6)
4) You don't like it, tell them why
5) Let them do what they do.
6) Let them drink your beer (if you've got any left) :)