Why become a member? ×

Antoria P/j Fretless 1977

mr.sibs

I have had this bass a few months and it has been a wonderful dive into the world of fretless. I have used it as my main playing bass and it is the first fretless I have owned. It's been reasonably easy to pick up thanks to the fret markers and wonderful slim neck. So the reason I need to sell is that now my band will be getting more in the way of gigs, I need the comfort of a fretted again so I can concentrate less on my playing, more on performing/singing

My intention was to add a dimarzio p pup to the bass which I have done. They are now matching and both in cream. I had some trouble with the electronics though and the circuit will need rewiring. It is a high quality circuit kit and there is volume from the p pickup, but the control for the J isn't correct and there is bit of grounding hum. I am sure anyone with any experience in this can get it sorted, both pickups are working fine and all the pots are new. I also bought a nice tort pickguard and an endpin jack socket which I will include that never got fitted.

This bass has lots of character and is a real collectable. It is in great, highly playable condition for it's age and will be a real treat for someone.

I hope Bassassin won't mind me quoting on the origin of the bass "It is an Antoria 2367B - these were identical to the equivalent Ibanez basses, as they were from the same Fujigen Gakki (not Matsumoku) model range, even down to the catalogue numbers. The finish is original, this type of spray pattern appears on many sunburst finish instruments, regardless of era & country of manufacture. Body construction on this is mahogany sandwich, possibly butcher block, with birch front & back veneers. This construction accounts for the black oversprays on the contours, to conceal the lamination.

This is slightly later than your Ibby, Jack - by this point Fujigen neck construction had evolved somewhat, so there's no longer a truss cover & Gibson-type nut, there's heel-end adjustment & an authentic Fender style nut. The fretboard's still separate, but the neck's a single piece rather than the 3-piece quarter-sawn laminate on the older Fujigens."

I also hope Delberthot won't mind me nicking his pictures! As below.
I am looking for [color="#FF0000"]£150[/color] for this - considering the original price I paid and the cost of extra parts I think this is very fair. Especially for the amount of bass this is. There will also be a decent hardcase included and I can post for an extra £10.

[attachment=67456:front.jpg]
[attachment=67457:fullfront.jpg]
[attachment=67458:head.jpg]
[attachment=67459:neck.jpg]
[attachment=67460:rearneck.jpg]

Original sale thread can be viewed here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102363&hl=antoria"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=antoria[/url]

Edited by mr.sibs

just a bump for antoria in general... my mates dad had a hollowbody antoria guitar from a similar year and it really was killer, no matter how much I begged he wouldn't sell it.

nice looking bass - if I needed a fretless i'd probably take it for that price.