Why become a member? ×

Back up DB's!

oldslapper

Some numpty knocked my DB over last night, broke the neck from the "heel" joint and pulled part of the back away.
The action was so high you needed a bus to get to the fingerboard, the intonation and tuning were shot and the strings out of alignment with the neck.
This all happened after we'd set up and went out of the venue for 20 minutes before first set. Obviously I didn't see it happen, and no-one has admitted to seeing it, let alone knocking it over.
Show had to go on, great crowd (apart from the twat who mullered my bass) really up for a bop.
Spent 2 x 45 minute sets using every muscle to press strings to board, tuning up half a dozen times through each song whilst playing and singing lovely bouncy little numbers, being told by the other singer to keep smiling :)

Anyway, lots of moral tales out of this I know.......one of which GET INSURANCE!!! too late for me on this one.

The bass is off to the repairers tomorrow, and in the mean time I need to buy a back up. Got sod all money, and what I did have was going to buy Gareths' G&L L1500...but not now.

So any recommendations for a DB, for £600-£700?? It will more than likely sit at home once my other is repaired, but it would be nice to have a back up if needed.
Some love for G4Music carved for bout £750, 2nd hand would be ok, if I could get to pick it up (I'm in west country).

Sorry for whingeing tale above, really unhappy today.

John