Why become a member? ×

Spector Rebop 5 For Sale Or Px, £450 Ono, SOLD

MoJoKe

Hi Guys,

This Rebop has been my gigging spare and occasional studio use for a couple of years. It is is in Black Cherry (or maybe plum! not sure!), in great condition as has spent most of its last two years in its ritter gig bag.

I do love this bass, but I also have a Euro LX in the same colour, and I'm all GASed up, I really want to buy a Jazz bass, so sadly need to sell her!

More here:- [url="http://www.2things.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=14"]http://www.2things.co.uk/index.php?option=...4&Itemid=14[/url]

It's made of Solid European Alder, with the Original NS-Curved Body™, with a Bolt-On Neck with Pearl Dot Inlays with the Spector Deep Pocket Neck Insert™ (Like the Euro LX rather than the Legend!), and black hardware. The Pickups are EMG-HZ, and it has active EQ with a 9v (Aguilar OBP-1, I think!) preamp.

This is such a nice bass! The neck feels lovely, the action is very low, so is very playable, has just had a setup and a brand new set of Elixir Superlight Nanoweb strings (I don't know why anyone would want to use anything else! Yes, they are expensive, but sound really bright and punchy and last at least 4 times longer than anything else!). It is in great condition, with a few small marks and slight buckle rash on the back, but no more than you'd expect for its age. The body is still as shiny as a new one (looks really cool, like a plum coloured jelly bean!).

The Good - Lovely sound, has a much more controllable tone than the TonePump, but if you you would like it, I have a TonePump preamp which I will include in the sale (taken out of my Euro LX). Also, the previous owner put a battery compartment in the back panel of the bass, which makes battery replacement much simpler.
The Bad - Well, not "bad" at all really, but the previous owner also changed the knobs from the original ones. I also have a set of the original black ones, which again I will include if you would rather change them back!
The Ugly - Nothing really ugly, just two small body dings, as shown with arrows in the pics, but the neck is lovely, she plays beautifully, and looks great! The sale includes an ABS shell case, which is none too pretty, but completely functional!

I really don't like shipping basses, so would much prefer you to collect, I'm near Exeter (or I can meet you somewhere on, or south of the M4, as far as East Chichester, by prior arrangement and a small fuel consideration). If shipping is the only option, then for £30 I will pack very carefully in her plastic hard case and I'll send by carrier. I will also ship overseas at your expense.

I am after a Jazz style fiver, either a MIA Deluxe, Lakland, Sei, Sandberg or something of similar sound/quality with a nice narrow neck, and i would be very happy to look at a PX for the right bass...

Edited by MoJoKe

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='zig-zag' post='1100025' date='Jan 23 2011, 07:55 PM']I'm really interested in this, but I don't have the money for it at the moment. Any chance of a trade for a 4 string Rebop? :)[/quote]

Thanks, I'm very open to trades, probably with some top-up from me, but it must be a 5 string USA Jazz or good jazzalike!!