Why become a member? ×

Rotosound jazz flats medium scale standard guage

Arggh! bought a set of rotosound jazz flats off spinynorman on this forum but failed to notice that they were medium scale - despite him putting it in the title AND the description - yep I am that dumb! It's a massive shame as they feel soooooo nice but are predictably too short for my long scale bass.

I will use his description as he appears more knowledgeable than myself

I have a set of Rotosound Jazz Flats in medium scale, standard gauge, light blue silks. They have actually been on a bass for only a few hours and barely played, not because there's anything wrong with them, just I realised the strings I'd taken off were TIs and it seemed a shame to waste them. There's just a tiny bit of fraying right at the ends where they were cut and wound on the post. In original packaging.

These are currently for sale at Stringbusters for £22.50 + postage, so I'll post these within the UK for £10. (what i bought them for)

Winding length (ball-end to start of tuner-end silk) is 90cm on the G. I've measured the full length, ball-end to where they were cut, so you can see what total length you have on each string, plus the weight, listed below.

G 105cm 40
D 109cm 50
A 108cm 75
E 106cm 90

EDIT or would trade for a set of good condition, good brand long or extra long scale flats.