Why become a member? ×

Volume Pedal

BenTunnicliffe

Hi guys,

Treating myself very soon and would like to finally delve into getting a gadget i've been after for a long time - a Volume Pedal.

Basically i don't see the point in spending time learning to play completely differently with my right hand for the sake of being able to use my pinky to roll the volume pot on or off and also don't like the idea of doing that as if I did that on a standard jazz I'd have to turn off the neck pup completely before fading in a sound that in fact isn't the sound I was using in the first place anyway due to it now being a different pup configuration so I thought I'd hunt for a true bypass pedal.

I do quite a lot of playing in pits or just at live gigs with horn, string and brass players and being able to hit those delicate last chords with the same amount of crescendo other instrumentalists are able to do due to the basic way their instruments work would be great.

I was suprised to get literally almost nothing using a google and BC search so here i am.

I'm imagining that I might have to have a pedal made as the spec would have to be as follows.....

- WAH type pedal design with up being volume full and down being off or vice versa
- Transparent circuitry so that i can fade in/out the sound I always get from my basses
- Quiet circuitry
- Normal features i.e. jack connections, powerable from a 9v power lead etc

Here's the nightmare feature I'd need....

- Two inputs that remain split in the circuitry and go to two seperate outputs.
I use two basses at most gigs and would like to be able to have the volume pedal part of the chain for both basses but still be able to chuck them into seperate channels on my amp to seperately EQ them before they head over to the desk via DI out the back.

If anyone could suggest a company who already make a pedal similar to that lengthy rant I just had or that could make up a pedal with that spec that'd be really appreciate.

Cheers guys,

Ben.

P.S. I'm also after a true bypass complete mute pedal that has two inputs that remain split on their way to two seperate outputs with un-noisy toggle switches (clanky, metal pedals can be really noisy and i'm sure would get me glared at by the MD from time to time and I know many people use tuner pedals to the same result but I have my tuner in my rack and could do without amassing a huge array of gear on the floor). Any suggestions on that would also be appreciated, CHEERS!

A stereo volume pedal would have two discrete (separate) signal paths, both of which would be controlled equally with the expression pedal.

Ernie Ball, Visual Sound, Mission Engineering - All of these are highly rated manufacturers that make stereo volume pedals. The only issue I'd consider is impedance as most stereo pedals are for use with keyboards rather than instrument-level signals.