Why become a member? ×

*Withdrawn* Washburn AB45 Acoustic Bass

LLOYDWT

Hi all, new here (guitarist masquerading as a bass player). Looking to trade my Washburn AB45 (5 string variant of the AB40). I acquired this bass a while ago direct from Washburn for an acoustic project. It came from their “new old stock” and was one of their artist sample basses (marked with a star by the A tuning peg on the back of the headstock). These basses have never been imported to the UK, and are infinitely nicer in quality then the lower end AB10’s & AB20’s & sports a Venetian cutaway (the cheaper models have the pointed Florentine cutaway). It’s finished in Vintage Sunburst with quilted maple back and sides, both the top and the back are arched & the soundhole has been replaced by a series of angled slits (to reduce feedback when plugged in). Tuners are Gold Grovers & it is fitted with a Piezo pickup, the three gold nobs on the front are volume, treble & bass. Nut & Bridge are set to the Buzz Feiten Tuning system (as standard on all higher end Washburns). Comes with a Washburn hardshell case (perfect order & 2 keys for lock). Bass itself is unmarked in as new condition (aside from the small star on the headstock). This guitar carries an RRP of $1549 though usually retails at around the $1100 mark

I would be interested in trading this for a 4 string Lakland or Musicman, or perhaps the Fender JP90 or similar, though any offers would be considered, any interesting 6 string guitars (electric or acoustic) would be considered too.

Not really wanting to sell this, but I won’t ignore any sensible offers .

Cheers.

Edited by LLOYDWT

Willing to restring with a set of Phospher bronze strings if it'll help seal the deal (currently Steel strung & missing an A string).. & willing to trade up with cash for something special.. In Ipswich if anybody wants a look..

Bump, will take offers in the region of £500

Just fallen in love with a Tacoma 6 string guitar (and I can't bare to part with my Taylor) & needs must, just ordered a set of Rotosound phosphers for this, which will be included in any sale..

I'll leave it on here for a week or so, then I'll be chucking it on eBay