Why become a member? ×

Lefty Fretless bass help!

Zulla

Hello!

I've been playing bass for around 4 years now, and decided to move on to the fretless world.

I'm looking for a 5 stringer fretless which sounds decent enough to be my main gig'ing weapon!

I've got a deal on a semi-new Rockbass Streamer 5 with Ebony Fingerboard for 400€, is it a good deal?

I really dig the Warwick sound/look.

I'm a lefty, so... if all you lefties could help me out, it would be great!

Cheers from Portugal!

Interested in doing deals, btw :)

[quote name='rasher80' post='1042005' date='Nov 30 2010, 09:40 AM']Sorry to hijack this thread, but i'm also a lefty looking at giving fretless a go, and there are some mega cheap Rockbass offerings on Thomann - anyone know if they're any good?[/quote]

Those Thomann prices are good - so that 400 euro "semi-new" bass really doesn't look very tempting.

Rockbasses are pretty good, but I'd try and get a 2010 one (with the 2-piece bridge) if possible, rather than the pre-2010 models (with a 1-piece bridge). The QC is a lot better than it used to be. Having said that, with Thomann you don't need to worry about the QC so much - just send it back if it's not good enough.