Why become a member? ×

Fender MIM Jazz Bass + Gator HSC

spinynorman

I bought this a few weeks ago, but pretty much as soon as it arrived something else came along I couldn't turn down and I really can't justify keeping both.

As I bought it, it's a Fender MIM standard Jazz bass, built 2002/3, in sunburst with pickup and bridge covers. The pickguard is black (3 ply BWB) and the control plate is also black. I think this looks good, a bit more individual, but the original white pg and silver control plate are included. To that I have added copper shielding in the control cavity, under the control plate and under the pg around the pickups, so it is now very quiet, especially with the bridge cover on.

It has a few knocks around the body edges and some marks you can feel at the back of the neck, but nothing that will bother you when playing. Very well put together, fit and finish is as good as my MIJ P. Truss rod works, electrics are fine, really nice slim neck. The fretboard on the last MIM I had felt and looked quite artificial, but this doesn't - not sure if it is actual rosewood, but it might as well be.

I'll also include a Gator hardshell case in very good condition, apart from a couple of small scuffs on the lid.

Yours for £295 including courier in the UK.

Edited by spinynorman