Why become a member? ×

*GK Amp Head Problem*

GK_Nik

Hey guys, new to this forum.

I have a Gallien Krueger 700rb II head, had it for about 2-3 years, but just recently it wont turn on at all. I dont know an awful lot about amp heads or have any idea what the problem could be.

Just thought i'd post something on here to see if anyone could help me out, before having to spend shipping and inspection fee's. :/

Any help would be appreciated,
Nik.

[quote name='GK_Nik' post='1035483' date='Nov 24 2010, 07:27 PM']Hey guys, new to this forum.

I have a Gallien Krueger 700rb II head, had it for about 2-3 years, but just recently it wont turn on at all. I dont know an awful lot about amp heads or have any idea what the problem could be.

Just thought i'd post something on here to see if anyone could help me out, before having to spend shipping and inspection fee's. :/

Any help would be appreciated,
Nik.[/quote]

You tried checking the fuse in the mains lead and the one on the back of the amp? - those woud be my favourite places to start if the whole thing is dead.

[quote name='GK_Nik' post='1035532' date='Nov 24 2010, 07:56 PM']icastle-

Nope, nothing. Looks like I'm going to have to ship it out and pay the price. Just as I'm meant to be heading to the studio too!! :)[/quote]

There's an internal fuse as well....

Never looked inside one of these so I don't know its exact location - if you feel confident enough you could always take the lid off and see if that one has popped.
If it has popped make sure you swap it for the exact same type just in case it blew because of another fault.

Nik,

GK 700rb-II has only one internal fuse. Older version of this amp had 4 additional (also internal) fuses. But you have version II, right? The fuse is located on the left of the power cord socket (inside the amp). And it is not always visible that it is popped. How did you verify that it is OK? Also verify that the fuse is of T(slow) type and not F(fast). The value, as far as I remember, is 3.15A for UK. If this is not the fuse and not the power cable, you have to send the amp to a service. When checking the fuse disconnect the amp from mains power supply.

Mark

Edited by MarkBassChat