Why become a member? ×

NS-2 vs ISP decimator

Dudgeman

Hi all,
Just a quick one I need a noise suppressor on 2 of my pedals..I have seen you tube clips etc..I like the fact that you can loop just a couple of pedals with the Boss..it doesn't look like you can do that with the decimator..
So the question is... Is that right? If you can't just loop certain effects with the decimator is it worth the extra money?
What are your opinions on the better pedal with regards to which holds the tone better?
Thanks

[quote name='Dudgeman' post='1034645' date='Nov 24 2010, 12:46 AM']Hi all,
Just a quick one I need a noise suppressor on 2 of my pedals..I have seen you tube clips etc..I like the fact that you can loop just a couple of pedals with the Boss..it doesn't look like you can do that with the decimator..
So the question is... Is that right? If you can't just loop certain effects with the decimator is it worth the extra money?
What are your opinions on the better pedal with regards to which holds the tone better?
Thanks[/quote]

The Boss is better. For the looping, the added control over the gating, extra DC out. Don't think there's any real difference tone-suck wise.

Definitely go for the Boss.

[quote name='TomTFS' post='1034682' date='Nov 24 2010, 03:29 AM']The Boss is better. For the looping, the added control over the gating, extra DC out. Don't think there's any real difference tone-suck wise.

Definitely go for the Boss.[/quote]

Nice one..it was kind of where my thoughts were heading.

As it turns out I used my new pedal board at rehearsal last night..All the original hum has pretty much gone..I guess new leads and power supply help, there are one or two patches on my pod that get a bit "Hummy" when used with my distortion pedals but it is a pod problem and i am sure I can clean it up. The board sounds amazing..is really tidy and i have a panel on the right with one jack input and two outputs, for the 2 amps and one Euroline swithed and fused input so I can just carry one powerlead.
A big thanks to Johnny and johnnySredfreak for sorting out my power..no more bateries..ever..hurray!...

There is room for a couple more pedals..still on the look out for an OC-2..but I am not sure that a noise suppressor in needed. Will post a couple of photos of the board tonight on the other thread.