Why become a member? ×

Replacement pickups for a Tobias Toby Pro 4-B bass

StevieD_FenderP2009

Hey there

I'm giving my Tobias an over-haul at the moment and thought it would be a good idea to maybe replace the pickups. They sound good but they just lack that certain "something"...
I like to get a really clean tone out of my basses and the EQ on my Trace Elliot is basically 7/10 bass, 4/10 mids and 9/10 for the treble section. As you can also see I'm a huge Steve Harris fan which is why I love the clanky bass sound. Does any one have any recommendations on what to replace my pickups with? The basic requirements for the pickups have to be that it has a nice and clear top end as well a really thick bottom end, not fussed about mids, the less the better imo haha.

I've looked through EMG and Seymour Duncan but I have no experience with any different soapbar pickups so considering you guys are the experts, you can help me out :)

Cheers
Stevie

• 5 years later...

[quote name='The Burpster' timestamp='1290498634' post='1033487']
With requirements as specific as that I think you should Wizard pick ups a call and get them to produce you a custom pair.

[url="http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/"]http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/[/url]
[/quote]
Hey - I have the same requirement, to replace the pups on a Toby 4. However it seems that wizardpickups' website doesn't exist now. Anyone know if they're still around?