Why become a member? ×

1933 Gretsch Slide Guitar

Rare ol bird here....Serial No 1003 makes her 1933 or possibly early 34,Shes in super condition for 75+ years
Comes with the original I beleive hardcase and given the age it again is in very good solid condition,obviously there fraying on the black covering material but all the latches are solid the lock works(no Key) and the leather handle remains solid

Looking for around £2K
possible exchanges considered

[quote name='robocorpse' post='1022537' date='Nov 13 2010, 03:37 PM']Serial 1003 dates it to 1946. I'm guessing you have a standard production "Gretsch Electromatic".
Most Gretsch lap steels were made for them by Valco BTW.
Got a photo?[/quote]
No I dont have as you suggest any standard production Electromatic.Or a Lapsteel by the general understanding of the term.
Its an extremely rare Acoustic slide guitar and Gretsch supplied the dating info,it is suprisingly similar in size to a Gibson SJ,but has a fretless and inlaid neck & brass nutt as standard fittings,I even have the hardcase..
Pictures were on here but seem to have disappeared,shame it is a thing of beauty.
If you pm me an email address I will happily forward you some pics

T

[quote name='tino' post='1022547' date='Nov 13 2010, 03:46 PM']No I dont have as you suggest any standard production Electromatic.Or a Lapsteel by the general understanding of the term.
Its an extremely rare Acoustic slide guitar and Gretsch supplied the dating info,it is suprisingly similar in size to a Gibson SJ,but has a fretless and inlaid neck & brass nutt as standard fittings,I even have the hardcase..
Pictures were on here but seem to have disappeared,shame it is a thing of beauty.As an aside it was suggested that Fred Gretsch initially had guitars made by other makers and that this could have been by Regal of Chicago or Harmony.....all I can say is its in amazing condition for 75+ years of age
If you pm me an email address I will happily forward you some pics

T[/quote]
Additional if you look on EBAY USA theres a similar one in crap condition for $4995 reduced from $7000,mine is superb

Edited by tino

[quote name='robocorpse' post='1022616' date='Nov 13 2010, 05:05 PM']Well, forgive me for speculating, given the extreme lack of info or pic in your original post... :)[/quote]
There were pics..the server change here made them unopenable.now they will not even upload. :) ..You did not speculate,you told me what you expected me to have.....and you were incorrect.
It is a very rare slide guitar,in fantastic condition...Shame I cannot play the damn thing......and I have tried...Horses 4 Courses.