Why become a member? ×

Yamaha 1024x Bass

ShandyBass60

Hi. Thought people might be interested in this if they are interested in a nice classic looking Yamaha. Just arrived today from Germany. VW 1024x.

I've had it on order for an extremely long time and almost cancelled it at one point - glad I didn't. There is no denying the 2024x is a more resonant instrument (I've tried them both) but this is just incredible for the money. Same hardware, same spline joint... same everything- except for the wood treatment and hefty price tag! Visually the only distinguishing difference is the logo. I can confirm for anyone that's interested it is made in Indonesia and [u]not[/u] Japan.

After lots of extensive searching and ringing about, I'm almost certain that this is probably one of the first in the country. I'll post some more pics if requested. It'll benefit from a set up butI love it!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm think I'm starting to get gas build up for one of these. I suspect I'll struggle to track one down to try out tho - I wondered how you're getting on with yours? And which is the killer setting on the pup selector? Does it go grrr? And do you wish you'd saved up for the 2024? (as you say, that looks like a lot of extra dosh for not much difference, on the face of it). Hope you don't mind me asking. :) Cheers

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='1044924' date='Dec 2 2010, 12:25 PM']Interesting! Similar in various details to my BB414, but with some nice extras! Is the bridge standard?[/quote]

The bridge has a 45 degrees through body stringing design, the same as my 2024x - quite unique