Why become a member? ×

SOLD Squier Precision Bass Special

peteplaytime

[b]SOLD[/b]

The collection needs thinning.

With that in mind I am going to have to let this one go (regretfully). It’s a Squier P-bass Special (I.e. Jazz neck but jazz and P pick-ups).

I bought this for £199 new about two years ago. I've gigged it alot and its one helluva workhorse. I also recorded an EP with [url="http://www.myspace.com/hearaboveusthewaves"]my band[/url] on this bass and the tone is perfect. The body and neck are sound as the day I bought it and it looks awesome (the metallic black glistens beautifully in stage lighting).

Obviously being used for gigs and such it's acquired it's fair share of buckle rash, the headstock has a couple of scratches (damn venues with low ceilings!) and the poles on the pick-ups are a little ionised. With this in mind I'm looking for [s]£110[/s] £100. I'm based in Oxfordshire and would vastly prefer local pickup, though I might be able to travel a little (half hour radius around Abingdon).

I'm also interested in trades - I’m looking primarily for a Westone Thunder 1a Bass, but will consider delay pedals, synths (oh, the shame). Whatcha got?

Let me know if you're interested :)

Pete

Edited by peteplaytime

[quote name='peteplaytime' post='1009093' date='Nov 1 2010, 10:39 PM']I'm also interested in trades - I’m looking for delay pedals, reverbs... Whatcha got?[/quote]

Would you be interested in a Yamaha EMP100 mulit-effects unit?

[quote name='Conan' post='1009468' date='Nov 2 2010, 11:53 AM']Would you be interested in a Yamaha EMP100 mulit-effects unit?[/quote]

Sorry, but i'm not looking to enter the multi fx game at the moment. Ideally I'm looking for a reverb pedal, a delay (such as the stereo memory man) or perhaps a higher end fuzz, as far as the FX go. I'm too useless at technology to be able to get my head around having everything in one useful box!

Cheers for the offer though.

Hi Mate,

would you consider a straight swap for one of these for your P bass?

Jon.

[url="http://www.hollywood-music.co.uk/product_images/r/557/Epiphone_Les_Paul_Special_ll_Vintage_Sunburst__74947_zoom.jpg"]Epiphone LP Special[/url]

Edited by AnalogBomb

[quote name='peteplaytime' post='1009093' date='Nov 1 2010, 10:39 PM']The collection needs thinning.

With that in mind I am going to have to let this one go (regretfully). It’s a Squier P-bass Special (I.e. Jazz neck but jazz and P pick-ups).

I bought this for £199 new about two years ago. I've gigged it alot and its one helluva workhorse. I also recorded an EP with [url="http://www.myspace.com/hearaboveusthewaves"]my band[/url] on this bass and the tone is perfect. The body and neck are sound as the day I bought it and it looks awesome (the metallic black glistens beautifully in stage lighting).

Obviously being used for gigs and such it's acquired it's fair share of buckle rash, the headstock has a couple of scratches (damn venues with low ceilings!) and the poles on the pick-ups are a little ionised. With this in mind I'm looking for £110. I'm based in Oxfordshire and would vastly prefer local pickup, though I might be able to travel a little.

I'm also interested in trades - I’m looking for delay pedals, reverbs, synths (the shame) perhaps a guitar or a jazz bass. Whatcha got?

Let me know if you're interested :)

Pete[/quote]

[quote name='Conan' post='1009468' date='Nov 2 2010, 11:53 AM']Would you be interested in a Yamaha EMP100 mulit-effects unit?[/quote]
Think I confused everyone!

I was hoping for a swap for the P Bass if Pete was interested! I did daftly make it look like I was after the EMP100 (Which I'm not) Sorry guys!

Pete, I'd be up for a straight trade if you are.

Jon.

[quote name='AnalogBomb' post='1009691' date='Nov 2 2010, 03:35 PM']Think I confused everyone!

I was hoping for a swap for the P Bass if Pete was interested! I did daftly make it look like I was after the EMP100 (Which I'm not) Sorry guys!

Pete, I'd be up for a straight trade if you are.

Jon.[/quote]

Hi Jon,

My boss actually offered me the same swap! I tested his one but I don't think i'll be able to shape the tone into what i'm looking for. So i'll have to decline.

Thanks though!

[quote name='peteplaytime' post='1009705' date='Nov 2 2010, 03:50 PM']Hi Jon,

My boss actually offered me the same swap! I tested his one but I don't think i'll be able to shape the tone into what i'm looking for. So i'll have to decline.

Thanks though![/quote]
Ok Mate,

No worries. Good luck with the sale!