Why become a member? ×

new help on wiring old bart preamp

badboy1984

I've got a set of very old bartolini 2 band EQ preamp. It works fine in the pass and it sounded pretty decent. The guitar tech install it for me in the pass and it works fine, i've ask him to transfer the preamp to another bass but we struggle at the moment due to the wiring is hard to spot on the preamp.

We've look at the bartonlini website and no diagram on that preamp because is a older model. The preamp is the bartonlini TBTB and it have 16 wires attached to the preamp. Some of the wire is already attached to the bass and treble pots so thats easy to spot, but the wires for the volume, blend and jack is not label or colour so we not sure what to do with that.

The colors for the wire is either orange and blue. So everything is pretty similar.

Any idea guys?

[quote name='badboy1984' post='1005626' date='Oct 29 2010, 06:05 PM']I've got a set of very old bartolini 2 band EQ preamp. It works fine in the pass and it sounded pretty decent. The guitar tech install it for me in the pass and it works fine, i've ask him to transfer the preamp to another bass but we struggle at the moment due to the wiring is hard to spot on the preamp.

We've look at the bartonlini website and no diagram on that preamp because is a older model. The preamp is the bartonlini TBTB and it have 16 wires attached to the preamp. Some of the wire is already attached to the bass and treble pots so thats easy to spot, but the wires for the volume, blend and jack is not label or colour so we not sure what to do with that.

The colors for the wire is either orange and blue. So everything is pretty similar.

Any idea guys?[/quote]

I had an old Bartolini TCT installed by a guitar tech and we used this site. Check it out.
[url="http://www.bartolini.net/Installations_Specs.htm"]Bartolini wiring[/url]

Best of luck,
Jim