Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX-765A 5-string for sale - PRICE DROP £160 ono

pn_day

Hi all,

Having bought a rather nice TRB-5II from somebody on this very forum I have been persuaded by she who snores in my bed to put my old bass up for sale. (Was in line for a defret, but she knows best!)

It is a Yamaha RBX-765A fretted 5-string bass. Bolt-on 34" neck, 2-band EQ. I'm afraid the colour balance on the photos is a bit poor - it's a sort of dark aqua-blue. Electronics were overhauled by Chris May at Overwater must be 2 years ago now - was getting lots of noise through pickups. He redid shielding, wiring and replaced jack socket plus redid setup. Bass plays and sounds much better - no noise now even from fluorescent lights etc.

Bass is ~9 years old. Was bought from Sound Control in Glasgow, then a friend had it for 6 months, didn't like 5 strings and gave it to me. Has been used for light gigging (church & ceilidhs), and the children have been responsible for a couple of scratches. Not in pristine condition but certainly not bad - a couple of knocks, scratches on back, and bridge and machine heads are beginning to show signs of tarnish (blame my sweaty fingers!)

I'm based in St Andrews, local buyers (50 mile radius) preferred. Don't know exact costs for postage but can investigate if necessary. Anyone interested? Pretty please? Then I can justify more GAS in a few months :)

Phil

Edited by pn_day

Price drop to £200.

If there are any knowledgeable observers, is this a reasonable price?
New it was just under 400, and apart from the few scratches is in pretty good condition and plays nicely.

Thanks for any advice that might be forthcoming,
Phil

PS Must keep reminding myself that it's not about the gear - was at a jazz gig last night in St Andrews, and the bass player was very good. Was using a Wal, but would have been good with anything!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassistJonathan' post='132657' date='Feb 2 2008, 04:47 PM']is the yamaha still for sale?[/quote]

Bass is still for sale, as I've been too lazy to put it on evil bay.
Will go up on the bay in next couple of weeks.

If you are interested, drop me a message...

Cheers,
Phil