Why become a member? ×

EBS Neo 1x12 - £300 - SOLD (Pending)

Hi there all!

I have for sale my EBS Neo 1x12. The basic specs for this cabinet are as follows:

Frequency Response: 50hz-18khz
Power handling: 300 watts at 8 ohms
Sensitivity: 100db
Weight: 27lbs

It's in very good condition with some scuffing of the corners, but apart from that it's in genuinely sound condition. The speaker was replaced literally yesterday by Bernie Goodfellow at his shop as the old driver developed a small problem (this was present before I actually gigged with the speaker, not through my own usage) so as of now I haven't even played the new speaker in at home yet let alone gigged with it!

As can be appreciated it's a really nice sounding cabinet that can keep up with a surprising amount of venues - I played in two guitar 70's hard rock and a 10-peice funk band with this cabinet, and it kept up very admirably indeed in both situations as it's one of the more efficient 1x12's available. With my MarkBass SA450 about halfway on the master volume got me proper gigging volume, but in the funk band I was told to turn down a little at halfway master :) . The issue it had before didn't get any worse at any point when I was gigging with it, which makes it seem reasonable that it could have been a fault in manufacture (or bad luck!), In larger venues or in profoundly loud bands (and especially with a 5 string) one will not be able to cope by itself but that definitely isn't where the appeal lies - at 27lbs, it was more than a breeze to roll into a venue with and with the right arrangements could be very easily transported on the train or bus. The reason I'm selling is I don't think it is the sound I'm completely after, which is a shame because I am still very much enamoured with its portability and ease of use and I would definitely still state that the [i]quality[/i] of sound is superb.

All I'd like is what I paid for it, which is [b]£300[/b], which considering the fact it was re-speakered 24 hours ago seems like a good deal to me :lol: I live in the Shoreham-by-Sea area which is near Brighton, but I am willing to travel a bit within reason and obviously other arrangements can be considered via PM.

Pictures will be put up later today - thanks for reading!

Edited by sockdeluxe_mikey

[quote name='Truckstop' post='982545' date='Oct 9 2010, 02:11 PM']I have the 1x10 version of this cab and they truly are amazing quality. If I needed it, I'd go for it myself and have a little stack!
Bump for a great bit of gear.

Truckstop[/quote]

Cheers! Yeah, they really are remarkable quality and was so surprised when I came across a problem with the original driver a few days after I bought it. I also attest strongly to EBS and Bernie's willingness to fix the problem and saved me a big upset, as although other people suspected it was just the dome that had delaminated slightly causing a slight clicking, when the original driver came out it actually looked like it was something mechanical that was causing the clicking which would have probably meant buying a new one! The old driver was actually still functioning fine really through all the gigs I used it with.

Anyway, daily bump :)