Why become a member? ×

SOLD ....Valves 12 AU7

SOLD

A few years back, touring with my Aguilar pre amp, I had a set of spare valves. At the end of the tour, these valves went "missing", presumed lost in transit.
A couple of years later, roadie off the tour presented me with this particular set of valves which I don't think where ever the correct ones for the Aguilar
and since the Aguilar was sold a few years ago, have been in storage since.
I'll shift them at a reasonable price, which I don't know what it should be per valve because I just am not up on the valve price.
The 12 au7 seems to go for between £8 to £25.
What should I ask?
If anyone has use of them and wants to spend £16 (plus postage) for the 4, I'll post them off.
Hopefully there wouldn't be any problems with them and I have no way of testing them but if a Basschatter buys them and finds a faulty one,
I can sort re-payment per valve.
Anyone capable to advise me on the prices, please do.

Edited by mybass

[quote name='mybass' post='978763' date='Oct 5 2010, 08:20 PM']A few years back, touring with my Aguilar pre amp, I had a set of spare valves. At the end of the tour, these valves went "missing", presumed lost in transit.
A couple of years later, roadie off the tour presented me with this particular set of valves which I don't think where ever the correct ones for the Aguilar
and since the Aguilar was sold a few years ago, have been in storage since.
I'll shift them at a reasonable price, which I don't know what it should be per valve because I just am not up on the valve price.
The 12 au7 seems to go for between £8 to £25.
What should I ask?
If anyone has use of them and wants to spend £16 (plus postage) for the 4, I'll post them off.
Hopefully there wouldn't be any problems with them and I have no way of testing them but if a Basschatter buys them and finds a faulty one,
I can sort re-payment per valve.
Anyone capable to advise me on the prices, please do.[/quote]

I stopped repairing amps for a living about 17 years ago. put a lot of old and new valves on ebay last winter and I was amazed at how much they went for, 12AU7 (ECC82) wasnt really a popular audio valve, more common in TV sets, but audiophile Hi Fi freaks from all over the world were even buying old untested second hand ones that I used to buy new for about £2.50. Real anoracks go on about the shapes of the getters and things like that, as if it really makes a difference that they can hear.

£12-16 each is about fair I reckon if there new and branded.

Edited by Slipperydick

[quote name='Slipperydick' post='978831' date='Oct 5 2010, 09:12 PM']I stopped repairing amps for a living about 17 years ago. put a lot of old and new valves on ebay last winter and I was amazed at how much they went for, 12AU7 (ECC82) wasnt really a popular audio valve, more common in TV sets, but audiophile Hi Fi freaks from all over the world were even buying old untested second hand ones that I used to buy new for about £2.50. Real anoracks go on about the shapes of the getters and things like that, as if it really makes a difference that they can hear.

£12-16 each is about fair I reckon if there new and branded.[/quote]

Thanks for the info on those, I really am outa touch with this stuff. I've priced them to move them out of the box in the garage
and I guess ebay may have conjured up a dazzling price. I sometimes figure its easier through Basschat, hopefully someone gets a good deal.