Why become a member? ×

Bit of advice needed about my Ashdown amp!

Bassmurf

Evening, as I haven't been in a band for a while I thought I'd use the downtime to repair/get all my equipment up to scratch.

Got the action right on the basses and then I turned to my amp (Ashdown MAG combo), about a year ago the light bulb on the input gauge went.

So emailed the nice chaps @ Ashdown who very kindly sent me a free bulb so with my trusty screwdriver and soldering iron I attempted to repair it, took the amp head out of the frame, got the circuit board free then tried to find where the bulb was located, thinking it would be part of the gauge assembly I took that off, inspected it - then my lovely (and keen eyed!) other half pointed out that it was situated underneath!

I soldered the new bulb in, put everything back together and switched it on. The light was working, the amp was working but the flippin' gauge wasn't! :)

Took it apart again, put everything back again but to no avail, the gauge didn't respond.

Have emailed a few shops about getting it repaired professionally but either I get no response or the few that have come back have quoted me a minimum charge of £50 an hour!

So...do I forge on and try get it fixed or do I sell as it is (the amp works perfectly) and get a new one?

cheers

Dan