Why become a member? ×

Sennheiser Freeport Vocal Mic Wirelss Sets SOLD

I bought these new a month or so ago and they are a really fantastic mic but we use in-ear monitoring and the IEMs aren't happy about the presence of the mics and the need to hear is more important than the convenience of these mics so the mics have to go. They have done three gigs and are in virtually as new condition, complete with box, instructions etc.

Each mic and receiver set can be switched to one of four frequencies in the UHF 863-865MHz band (i.e. UK legal frequencies) and you can use up to four mics at a time (the fifth one we had with the intention of using as a spare for lead singer if his battery went down so that particular set is unused as such). The mics are sturdy little things and battery change is a doddle. They're quite pokey too and replacing metres of cable with wireless meant we suddenly had a bunch more gain coming into the PA which gave a nice wad of extra headroom.

We were very pleased with the sound quality (matched up well against the SM58 and Beyers we had been using) and are a bit gutted that the experiment hasn't worked out in respect of the IEMs. Still our loss could be your gain.

Each set contains the mic, receiver, UK power supply and mic stand clip.

They sell at about £150 new in the UK (a little less at Thomann, but those come with Euro power supply) and I'm asking £70 plus P&P per set.

PM me e-mail me on pete at peteward dot co dot uk or call me on 07851 671773.

I have one set left though technically that is sold, however the buyer was from Poland and sent payment via a PayPal account not in his name with an unconfirmed delivery address and via an e-mail address that bounced.

Edited by P-T-P

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='P-T-P' post='118193' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:52 PM']Damn indeed. This ad's been up for over a week too![/quote]
Well I had given up on the idea then our drummer got a deal for a set of four for a good price .. So I wasn't really looking :)
Ta anyway Pete, and for the PM

[quote name='P-T-P' post='118193' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:52 PM']Damn indeed. This ad's been up for over a week too![/quote]

ummmm turns out sennheiser don't have the sense to make their mics and bugs with different frequencies for people who might just want to have both der ...
So turns out we haven't actually bought them yet
Do you have any left, Pete?
Just wondered ..

Edited by OldGit

Hi Si,

Yeah, that's gonna be a bit of a problem for ya, though the freePORT mics can be switched between 4 frequencies though I just don't get way all these companies can't just bung a load of frequencies on these things, it surely can't be that much more expensive. Afraid all my mics are sold now too.

Pete

[quote name='P-T-P' post='119073' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:00 PM']Hi Si,

Yeah, that's gonna be a bit of a problem for ya, though the freePORT mics can be switched between 4 frequencies though I just don't get way all these companies can't just bung a load of frequencies on these things, it surely can't be that much more expensive. Afraid all my mics are sold now too.

Pete[/quote]

Sadly we'd like 4 mics plus the bug so that makes 5 frequencies and Sennheiser only do their cheap stuff with 4 ... .. Ho hum ..
We are going to get 3 of the Sennhesiers and look out for another mic from a different manufacturer..
ta

Well, Thomann have their own brand mics which have 16 channels and I think you can use up to 5 at a time. They're a good price too (about £60 IIRC) and aside from the lack of squelch on their IEMs, I'm well impressed with the sound quality, much better than the db Technologies units I was originally using, so I'm sure the mics will be of a pretty decent standard. You get 30 day, no quibble return on them as well.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='119384' date='Jan 13 2008, 04:26 AM']Well, Thomann have their own brand mics which have 16 channels and I think you can use up to 5 at a time. They're a good price too (about £60 IIRC) and aside from the lack of squelch on their IEMs, I'm well impressed with the sound quality, much better than the db Technologies units I was originally using, so I'm sure the mics will be of a pretty decent standard. You get 30 day, no quibble return on them as well.[/quote]

Cheers Pete