Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRX700

Lfalex v1.1

Another of the collection needs to be moved on. It's not getting the use it should anymore, and the GAS, she is a-striking!

[attachment=60147:P1030885.JPG]

An Ibanez SRX700. No longer made, but a relative of the DWB model (albeit with different EQ and woods)
In summary;

34" Scale
24 Frets
Nylon nut
5 piece Walnut/Maple Through-neck. 2 More Walnut stripes either side of the main neck assembly before the Ash wings begin
2 Band Active EQ (9v) Bass and Treble cut & Boost. The other two controls are Master Volume and Pick-up Pan.
2 open-pole humbucking pick-ups. (Ibanez' own)
Nickel-coloured hardware which is showing discolouration in places. (Tuners and Bridge- See photos for detail)
Skinny Ibanez neck- 38mm @ Nut, 65mm @ base of neck but still 19mm string spacing.
Bridge allows regular top-loading and a sort of "under-top" stringing, in which the ball ends slot into a cavity in the body rather than being strictly "Thru-body". Not sure it makes much difference, really! Regular 34" strings still fit easily.
It's been rehearsed with and gigged with, but has no cosmetic or structural damage to the body. I make sure the rivets on my jeans are covered by a T-shirt, or I wear trousers that don't have them. I never wear belts (or braces!) so the back stays rash-free. Only mod is the addition of Schaller straplock buttons.

Enough of my jabbering. Lookee at de pictures.

[attachment=60148:P1030894.JPG]

[attachment=60149:P1030897.JPG]

Detail of bridge showing the "under-top" string loading and discolouration.

[attachment=60150:P1030903.JPG]

[attachment=60151:P1030887.JPG]

Detail of tuner, showing discolouration.

[attachment=60152:P1030899.JPG]

I don't have a hard case for this, but can put it in a (non-padded) vinyl gigbag. I won't post or ship this bass, so we'll have to meet at a mutually acceptable location (within reason) I'm based in central Essex.
I'm looking for [b][s]£375[/s][/b] [b]Price drop to £325[/b]

Thanks for looking.

Any questions, feel free to PM me. I visit the site daily, and will try to respond as promptly as I can.

Alex.

Edited by Lfalex v1.1