Why become a member? ×

Zoom B2 Guru's

Les

It's my first forray into effects and I quite like it, mainly using the pre sets as Im absolutely clueless programmimg the thing.

Any way it's time for the pedal to earn it's keep. We're 3 piece , bass, guitar and drums. We tried to do boulevarde of broken dreams by Greenday and made a good fist of it but what it really needs is me to emulate the sound at the beginning (I know its a guitar)before the guitar and vocals come in. But I can't really get anything like it. Once the beginnings over and we're all in it sounds fine.

Any one got any ideas on how I could get close to this with the Zoom ? Or a patch thats close enough for me to have a crack at.Or, maybe I can't and we should give up on the track.

many thanks

Les

It's an overdriven guitar going through a tremolo set to something close to a square wave pattern, with a more or less clean bass note behind it.

You could probably get away with using OD and trem on the bass, and playing high up the neck.

Don't worry too much about whether your version sounds exactly like the recording - make it your own. People will still know what it is.

A