Why become a member? ×

*Sold* Fender American Standard Jazz 5 (1996)

Born 2B Mild

I bought this Fender American Standard Jazz 5 after seeing what a nice sound that Zsa Zsa got with his in the Hamsters.

It feels old and worn in and looks it too. The body has a fair few dings (not by me!) but then it has probably done a fair few gigs since it was made 14 years a go. Of all the Jazz basses I've had, this has the most honkiest sound. Personally, I love the sound of the neck pup on its own when played with gusto ...more like a Precision sound. The neck is great, with no issues. The whole instrument was given a set up recently by the guy who does them for Bass Gear.

It's a through-body strung job and has Fender wirewounds on which I think suit it just right. I have modified it by getting a black scratchplate made for me in the States and by fitting a black control panel and new knobs. I still have the white scratchplate and chrome control panel if the buyer prefers. I'll sling in a basic hard case too. It has a gold Fender 50th Anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock, which of course doubles its value :)

Since I got my Shuker P5 recently, this bass is not getting a look in. I don't mind if it doesn't sell, as it makes a nice passive spare to bring to gigs. It's up at £650 on www.bassgear.co.uk but I'd listen to offers. Please, no trades!

I can post for £20 or you can collect it from Harrogate.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by Born 2B Mild