Why become a member? ×

SOLD - nice Fender Jazz mongrel

bassybill

Geddy Lee Jazz body with fretted MIM maple/rosewood neck. I put the Geddy neck on the MIM because I liked the look and the EMGs on the MIM. So, this one is surplus to my requirements. I'm letting it go at what I think is a very fair price. This is a nice playing bass, but I have four Jazzes and really need to cut down a bit.

DETAILS - alder body, original Geddy electrics, standard Fender bridge (from same MIM bass as the neck). Small chip of body finish on neck pocket, caused by the really tight fit of the neck (see pics), otherwise immaculate nick. Nice set up by yours truly. Currently strung with Rotosound Swing bass rounds, 45-105. Schaller strap locks. Comes with three Geddy pattern scratchplates - black pearloid as shown, also w/b/w and b/w/b. Spoilt for choice! Will also throw in a nice black leather padded Levy's strap (with strap lock fittings) and a TGI hard case. New, an MIM Jazz with this strap and case would cost around £470 - [b]I'm asking £295 cash. Local pick up only (I'm in Wolverhampton). [/b]Please feel free to ask questions here.

Edited by bassybill

[quote name='BassKS' post='964517' date='Sep 22 2010, 02:33 PM']Thats such an awesomely snug fit between neck/body, plate/pickguard/. sick. Too cheap.[/quote]
The quality of construction on the MIJ basses is great and the Geddy's no exception. But this MIM neck is nicely done too - good fret job. As I said, this is a nice player despite being a mix and match job. Everything works together well on this one.

Too cheap, eh? Let's see... :)