Why become a member? ×

Replacement hardware for Squier VM Jaguar

DaveMuadDib

Ok guys, I'm a little bit stuck with this one. I've just bought a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar, and I blooming love it - but naturally, the first thing I've done is rip the sucker apart. I've shielded her within an inch of her life, which has helped massively, but I'd now like to completely revamp the electronics and give her gold hardware :-) This is where the problem lies, and i'll give you a checklist of what I need:

-The tuning heads and string retainer. I usually go for Wilkinson, but Squier use funny sizes - which ones do I need to get for this bass?
-Which Hipshot Extender (detuner) will fit one of these too? I bought one for my old VM Jazz once upon a time, but the spacing was wrong :)
-There are 2 pots, concentric volume and tone for each pickup. The tone controls underneath click (by design) when you turn them. Where in the blazes can I get a better quality replacement for these?
-The knobs are stacked black
metal (tone) with chrome metal on top (volume) - how can I replace these? They seem incredibly non-standard.
-The control plate is a write-off - nobody is going to sell a gold Squier Jaguar control plate :rolleyes: So how can I get one made custom? I've heard good things about Aurora project, are these the guys to see?
-Replacing the neck plate and the neck screws - again, what will fit? I nearly ruined my best bass by doing this wrong once upon a time :-/
-I've already got the bridge, but I need the right screws for it? I assume these are standard screws? Same applies for the pickguard screws.

Any help you guys can give would be immensely appreciated!

Edited by DaveMuadDib