Why become a member? ×

SOLD ON GUMTREE - Fender Usa Jazz Deluxe FMT

PURPOLARIS

In light of myself buying Mike's Shuker, I think I've finally found the 5 string I've been looking for. Therefore I'm selling my Jazz. It seems silly leaving a bass like this at home while I gig the Shuker and it's a shame not to use it as it's a lovely Bass.

I was always happy with my Jazz until I joined this site then gas took a hold of me and I've seen a fair few Basses come and go but none of them have been able to shift my Jazz......until now..............and only because I've moved to 5 string.

Not sure of its worth second hand because it's fairly unique and they don't come up often but new they used to cost around £1300 so I'm looking at selling it for around the £800 mark.

It's just been restrung with DR BKB-50 'Black Beauties' Black 4-Bass strings .

[b][color="#FF0000"][i]I've had a few messages asking the weight of it. Using the digital bathroom scales it works out around 8.6lbs (Myself plus Bass subtract myself minus Bass)[/i][/color][/b]

I'll try and get some better qualities photo's up tonight.

Here's the official blurb

A classic piece of Fender craftsmanship. It features a beautiful 1/8"-thick piece of highly figured flamed maple that is bent by hand to fit the contoured body. Active electronics with 3-band EQ are teamed with Fender's new dual-coil Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups for a wide range of great sounds. A pan pot blends the pickups. It also features gold-plated hardware including a bridge that allows either string-thru or top-loading. The pickguard has been omitted to allow the gorgeous wood to do its thing.

Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass Flamed Maple Top Features:
Premium alder body with bent, figured maple top
Graphite reinforced maple neck with modern C shape and a satin polyurethane finish
Rosewood or maple fretboard (9.5" radius)
22 medium jumbo frets
34" scale length
1.500" nut width
Gold-plated hardware
Deluxe gold-plated steel bridge (string-thru or top loading)
Gold-plated brass saddles
2 dual-coil Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups
Pan pot for pickup blending
Master volume and active 3-band EQ
Lite-Bass tuners
Includes hardshell case

[b][/b]

Edited by PURPOLARIS

Ouch! I can vouch that these are really nice basses!

I have the same bass in an amber colour with a r/w fingerboard.

And I would never consider selling it! :)
I might take an overwater as well and maybe use the fender as my backup... Even thats a maybe! lol

I think I paid £1250 for mine about 7 years ago, so £800 seems a bargain!

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='absentmindeduk' post='964623' date='Sep 22 2010, 04:25 PM']Ouch! I can vouch that these are really nice basses!

I have the same bass in an amber colour with a r/w fingerboard.

And I would never consider selling it! :rolleyes:
I might take an overwater as well and maybe use the fender as my backup... Even thats a maybe! lol

I think I paid £1250 for mine about 7 years ago, so £800 seems a bargain!

Good luck with the sale![/quote]

My rush of blood has now gone, it's a keeper :)

• 4 months later...

Just a quick note regarding the pickups, they are not the later SCN pickups you state but the Noisless Vintage that were put on the slightly earlier model yours is & IMO are the best Jazz pups out there. I had one of these, an 02 QMT & it was absolutly fantastic on tone & build quality, loads of tone & headroom with the 18v 3eq & also very light at 8.6 lbs. Only reason for selling mine was I had 2, my other being a Custom Shop Deluxe & thats a keeper (also with the Noisless vintage pups). I bought my QMT several years back s/h for £1100 & gave it away for £840. Good luck with the sale & whoever gets this will be a very lucky person.

[quote name='Heartbreaker' post='1099645' date='Jan 23 2011, 02:08 PM']Just a quick note regarding the pickups, they are not the later SCN pickups you state but the Noisless Vintage that were put on the slightly earlier model yours is & IMO are the best Jazz pups out there. I had one of these, an 02 QMT & it was absolutly fantastic on tone & build quality, loads of tone & headroom with the 18v 3eq & also very light at 8.6 lbs. Only reason for selling mine was I had 2, my other being a Custom Shop Deluxe & thats a keeper (also with the Noisless vintage pups). I bought my QMT several years back s/h for £1100 & gave it away for £840. Good luck with the sale & whoever gets this will be a very lucky person.[/quote]

Cheers Heartbreaker, my bad, I just copied the blurb from a website but I'll bow to your superior knowledge as far as the pickups go. I always assumed they were SCN. It's a great Bass and I think £800 is a very good price for it and is priced for Basschat members. I'm putting it on Gumtree for a ton more.

Edited by PURPOLARIS