Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FENDER JAZZ USA DELUXE 4 (SOLD)

DylanB

Due to a recent conversion to 5 strings I'm thinning out my 4 string herd. For sale here is a beautiful 2006 example of Fender's American Deluxe Jazz line. It was my main bass for about a year, and I always imagined it would be my main bass but, as I say, things change. What hasn't changed is the quality and playability of this instrument. The 18v preamp and noiseless pickups sound fantastic (and believe me, they really are noiseless!). I've used this for both studio and live work and it excels in both situations. It's the most reliable bass I've ever owned and I haven't had to have it worked on at all. It comes with a custom abalone pickguard but I will also include the original tortoise shell guard. I will also include the original strap and Schaller straplocks. The bass will be bubblewrapped inside the original moulded hardshell case, which will be bubblewrapped inside a cardboard box for safe shipping.

In the interests of full disclosure I have included some pictures of the most prominent dings on the instrument. Like I say, this was my number one live bass for some time and it has picked up a few dings, but by no means a full relic-ing.. I apologise for the quality of these photos, I have neither the equipment or the skills to illustrate them properly.

You see the grain loop that looks like the front end of a car? That small light part about to go through the windscreen is a ding. It's not that white in reality, that's just the flash working. Not that noticeable really. This is above the pickguard just before the top horn of the bass.

The slightly lighter area slightly larger than a tic tac. Hard to see in the photo. This is the most noticeable ding on the instrument. It is below the pickguard on the curve of the body. Again, this isn't anything to worry about really!

The light part below and to the left of the straplock is a ding. This is on the bottom edge of the instrument and no-one would notice it unless you showed it to them due to the position.

These are the most prominent dings, there are more but they are mostly on the back of the instrument and a lot of them are depressions in the finish rather than full on chips. This bass is still in very good condition! I don't want to put of potential buyers by focusing on dings but I have been through too many ebay/forum bass purchases where I have been dissappointed because the bass was not represented fully, so I am just being open and honest. There is also a small knock on the back of the neck down behind the third fret represented by a small depression in the wood, this does not affect playability.

Feel free to give me a ring on 07840504461 with any questions. Shipping is via UPS. International bidders are welcome but I haven't done the appropriate legwork with regards shipping costs to Europe but give me an email ([email protected]) or a call and I'll investigate. I welcome people wishing to pick this up from Surbiton (nr. Kingston-upon-Thames). Paypal preferred but I also accept personal cheques and will wait for them to clear before I ship the bass.

This bass is also on ebay, start price £715 but I'll pull the auction for the first bass chatter that offers me the £715. Spend your christmas money here!

Edited by DylanB

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DylanB' post='110422' date='Dec 29 2007, 01:55 AM']On hold pending trade...[/quote]

dude if you want im looking to get rid of my custom 6 string streamer stage I with blue sims customs leds, bass clefs etc...

looking to trade for a fender and some cash....was looking for £1275 so if you're up for a trade and some cash i'd be willing....