Why become a member? ×

Output signal splitting

Dudgeman

Hi all,
I want to run a biamp system..one completely clean channel one covered in effects..I am using a Ric 4003 at the moment and am using the ric o sound to split the pickups into the 2 amps..however I am getting bleed from one to the other which is no good at all..so what is the best bit of kit two achieve this with no loss in volume to the 2 amps?
And while I am here does anyone know if there should be bleed using a Ric o sound..or should the outputs be completely seperate?
Thanks guys and girls

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='959962' date='Sep 17 2010, 10:00 PM']If the lead you are using for the ricosound is not individually shielded, then you'll get bleed, OBBM should be able to sort you a proper stereo cable, rather than a two core shielded, which you might have.[/quote]

The Ric o sound is a proper rickenbacker version so the bass to ROS box lead is a hard wired stereo cable.. from there you have two outputs..one that takes the treble signal and one that tales the bass signal..I don't see that those leads need to be stereo...but the shielding might be important so thanks for that..I have had the ROS from new but have rarely used it and think that this might not be the best way to go, as in the future, I will be using different basses that won't have this function. So can anyone recommend a signal splitter that is up to the job using a standard mono cable..
Cheers

Boss TU2 tuner works as a split, LS2 also. There was a signal splitting thread fairly recently.

Don't suppose that just because something is official Rickenbacker that it isn't totally low bidder minimal quality, If the stereo lead is round, it is probably only single screened, and the cross talk is coming in from there.