Why become a member? ×

Where to buy a simple 62 RI Precision tort plate?

mrawlins

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='992435' date='Oct 18 2010, 04:50 PM']That new PG does look a lot nicer. Im hoping to order a CV P tomorrow and will also need to change the PG.

Did you find out if the standard MIM PG would fit? It looks like it should. I had the PG off my MIA and also my HW-one and they both fit my CV Jazz, but i need one that doesn't have the truss rod cut out and the MIM looks ideal.
Im also considering a black PG but i would have to see the CV P in the flesh first to see if that would work.

Love the sound clip as well.[/quote]

Thanks Dave, not sure about the MIM, the only hunch I had to go on was a rumour about the 62 reissue plate. I took a risk and it paid off.

Let us know how you get on!

Might be worth waiting for Thomann to get the genuine Fender part back in stock, as for the Jazz they are properly sized, with holes for pick-up/bridge covers and thumb rest. I'd presume the same standards would apply for a Precision.

I bought a Fender tort one from them for my MIM Sunburst Jazz 2 years ago, fitted a treat. Unlike the non-Fender after-market pickguard I had on previously, that left an unsightly gap at the join with the control plate.