Why become a member? ×

An end to GAS?

birdy

[quote name='bassaussie' post='110184' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:44 PM']Hey Steve - I only just saw this post!! Congratulations, that's a cracking looking bass!!! I don't know if you tried to contact me in Ireland about this, but I'm no longer working in Dublin.

Funny enough, the first thing I wanted to ask was this .....

.... and your answer is nearly indentical to what I thought when I had that Metro and was comparing it to my NYC Sadowsky basses.

The Metro seems to be nearly everything that the NYC is, yet I found my NYC basses just had "something" that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I actually wrote it off to the fact that my basses are both maple fingerboards and ash bodies, versus the morado/alder combination of the Metro.

It's strange, because I thought the Metro was a perfect bass - just such a nice bass to play, and yet the NYC basses just seem to be better - 105% perfection, maybe?!!! :) I dunno, it starts to sound a bit silly when we talk about basses being "perfect", yet I've had both my basses for around 4 or 5 years, and I still love them, and my biggest regret over the last 5 years, as far as bass purchases and sales go, is giving that Metro back to you!! :huh:[/quote]

Hi Mark, good to hear from you. Drop me a mail or PM me your new eMail address when you get sorted.

I don't think my bass has the chambered body or graphite in the necks - I would be interested to see how that affects the basses. I presume that yours don't either as they are 4 or 5 years old? I gigged for the second time with it tonight and was really impressed at the sound.

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='110435' date='Dec 29 2007, 03:08 AM']Hi Mark, good to hear from you. Drop me a mail or PM me your new eMail address when you get sorted.

I don't think my bass has the chambered body or graphite in the necks - I would be interested to see how that affects the basses. I presume that yours don't either as they are 4 or 5 years old? I gigged for the second time with it tonight and was really impressed at the sound.

Steve[/quote]

Mine definitely don't have those features. I think your's might've been made prior to those changes as well.

I've sent you a PM with my home address.