Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rack mount for Asgdown ABM Evo2

Dudgeman

Hi
I have an Ashdown ABM 300 Evo2 in a standard sleeve and I would like to use it in a rack mount system, as I run another head at the same time. I am also thinking about getting a rackmount effects unit as well and want them to house them all in one unit..anyone know if there is anything on the market that can adapt my amp for rack mount?
Thanks

you can get a live-in case with a couple of rack spaces added,
[attachment=58423:z2.jpg]

...this one was from castle cases & made to measure for an abm. I think you can specify any number of rack spaces. I expect that its cheaper to do something or other with brackets - but this is good option if you'd rather keep the amp intact, and still keep everything in one box.

[quote name='Dudgeman' post='950428' date='Sep 9 2010, 11:39 AM']Thats smart..I like that. Can you remember how much it cost..just to give me a rough idea. Thanks.[/quote]

Cant remember exactly - may have been around £180ish I think - but price depends on what you want (you specify dimensions, no of rack spaces etc). I've been really happy with it as a sort of hybrid solution - they did a good job - the amp fits like a glove and slides our easily for when I don't want to lug the whole thing (the box plus rack stuff is about the same weight as the amp on its own - so its obviously much more bulky to shift!). Would have been cheaper to have found some brackets and a standard case - but this way I didn't have to mess with the amp.