Why become a member? ×

Pick Up Swap Shop!

iamdavekennedy

Okay, First things first, Hello!

Glad we got that out of the way, now on to more pressing matters, basically, once in a while when I'm feeling a little flush,
I purchase things I don't want or need, just for the hell of it, a while back, I purchased an Eastwood Airline Bass, why?
well, honestly.. because it was one of the most disgustingly quirky things I'd ever seen, I HAD to have that monstrosity!

However, of late I've actually started playing it a bit at home, and whilst it doesn't match up to my old battered Gibson EB3, or
my trashed Precision, it does actually play rather nicely, I did take a fair bit of time setting it up right, but for home use, it feels
quite comfortable to play, the issue being, the standard Alnico pickups on it, seem to be VERY quiet, when I run it through my
recording interface it barely even picks the bloody thing up!

So, the actual, actual point of this post, I want them out, deported, sent to gather dust under the stairs with the rest of my
daughters.. Er, I mean, impulse buys! What I need help with however, is what pickups I should replace them with? I don't mind
spending a bit of cash, especially if it makes this hideous little bass something I can wince at on an actual stage!

But where shall I start? I don't want to hack the body up to make room for any pickups which won't fit into the existing bays, so
give me a list of what pickups you think I should use, and why?

I'd like something quite full but raw sounding if that helps at all?

I honestly no nothing about the inner workings of these things, I just buy on face value and figure out my mistakes later!

I look forward to hearing from someone, everyone!

Cheers

David Kennedy