Why become a member? ×

East UK Mid Sweep 01 stack (makes a big difference to any bass!)

Hi all,
I've used this in my fretless with a Bartoini pre-amp for a short period with great results. I just bypassed the mid on the Bartolini to do this. The Bartolini is switchable to three different frequencies but the East sweeps through a range and this was better for me (especially with fretless but with all basses will have excellent results).
You can use this alone in any bass or use in conjunction with another pre-amp (as I have).
I decided to put a complete John East Deluxe pre-amp recently and so this is up for sale.
I left the wires on the pins as its a delicate job and this was done by John himself. To install just join the relevant wires (for length) to your existing wires.
[s]£45 posted to you with a choice of black or gold knobs as i have both.
Or for £48 I'll include both sets of knobs so you can mix if you want.[/s]
[b]Now reduced to £40 for all!![/b]

The description:
MID SWEEP OVERVIEW
The MID SWEEP 01 is a stand-alone mid control which can be used on its own or cascaded in conjunction with other modules, including additional MID SWEEP 01s. The sweep frequency band is switchable, via DIL switches on the circuit board, between two ranges overlapping ranges.
HARDWARE OPTIONS: Chrome, Black or Gold. (Can be mixed by special request)
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 9-18V, 1.25mA
DIMENSIONS: 20.5 X 43.5.0 X 15.0 mm (0.8" X 1.7" X 0.6")

MID SWEEP 01 TECHNICAL
The MID SWEEP 01 is based on the mid control stack of the J-Retro 01 bass preamp. It consists of a single dual concentric knob stack with controls for MID level boost/cut and MID FREQUENCY SWEEP setting.
MID SWEEP Stack
BOOST/CUT (+/-12dB)
The upper knob sets the amount of Mid boost or cut at frequencies according to the setting of the Frequency knob. The midway indent is the 'flat' setting.
FREQUENCY (100Hz - 1kHz or 200Hz - 2kHz)
The lower outer ring sets the continuously variable Mid frequencies for boost or cut. DIL switches in the circuit board allow low or high ranges to be set. Both switch sections should be set to ON for the Low Range and both set to OFF for the High Range.

POWER
This unit can powered from 9 - 18 Volts DC.

Edited by mcruiz67

BUMP for "this is still here?"
[quote name='mcruiz67' post='945352' date='Sep 4 2010, 12:46 PM']Hi all,
I've used this in my fretless with a Bartoini pre-amp for a short period with great results. I just bypassed the mid on the Bartolini to do this. The Bartolini is switchable to three different frequencies but the East sweeps through a range and This was better for me (especially with fretless).
You can use this alone in any bass or use in conjunction with another pre-amp as I have.
I decided to put a John East Deluxe pre-amp recently and so this is up for sale.
I left the wires on the pins as its a delicate job and this was done by John himself. To install just join the relevant wires (for length) to your existing wires.
£45 posted to you with a choice of black or gold knobs as i have both.
Or for £48 I'll include both sets of knobs so you can mix if you want.

The description:
MID SWEEP OVERVIEW
The MID SWEEP 01 is a stand-alone mid control which can be used on its own or cascaded in conjunction with other modules, including additional MID SWEEP 01s. The sweep frequency band is switchable, via DIL switches on the circuit board, between two ranges overlapping ranges.
HARDWARE OPTIONS: Chrome, Black or Gold. (Can be mixed by special request)
POWER REQUIREMENTS: 9-18V, 1.25mA
DIMENSIONS: 20.5 X 43.5.0 X 15.0 mm (0.8" X 1.7" X 0.6")

MID SWEEP 01 TECHNICAL
The MID SWEEP 01 is based on the mid control stack of the J-Retro 01 bass preamp. It consists of a single dual concentric knob stack with controls for MID level boost/cut and MID FREQUENCY SWEEP setting.
MID SWEEP Stack
BOOST/CUT (+/-12dB)
The upper knob sets the amount of Mid boost or cut at frequencies according to the setting of the Frequency knob. The midway indent is the 'flat' setting.
FREQUENCY (100Hz - 1kHz or 200Hz - 2kHz)
The lower outer ring sets the continuously variable Mid frequencies for boost or cut. DIL switches in the circuit board allow low or high ranges to be set. Both switch sections should be set to ON for the Low Range and both set to OFF for the High Range.

POWER
This unit can powered from 9 - 18 Volts DC.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...