Why become a member? ×

in need of a repair

Bucket Head

hi guys, so my fav pedal broke recently when the input jack was very loose and the jack lead didnt fit, cutting out the signal. i asked a few people bout it and they adviced me just to open it up myself and try to fix it saying it would probly be easy, so i have tried to do and now have made things worse and have broken the input off. this is gonna be too much for me to repair as i dont really know what im doing and i dont want things to go rong as its a rare pedal and i wudnt want to not be able to use it anymore. The pedal is a ELEKTRONIKA distortion/phaser i think its also called a jet-fazer, from the 70's. its a great sounding pedal. anyway im just wondering if anyone knows where i might be able to send it to get repaired at all? any companys that do that kind of thing and how much it might cost.

any advice wud be rad
cheers

heres a few pics if anyone wants to see it or if it helps (before it broke)

woah those are cool looking pedals! i'd love to have a go with them. Sounds like its ust the jack that needs retensioning, if you send it to me i'll do it for postage cost since it's only a 5min job and i really wanna have a go with one of these now haha.

[quote name='umph' post='939924' date='Aug 30 2010, 12:52 PM']woah those are cool looking pedals! i'd love to have a go with them. Sounds like its ust the jack that needs retensioning, if you send it to me i'll do it for postage cost since it's only a 5min job and i really wanna have a go with one of these now haha.[/quote]

ha yea its a great pedal but unfortunately the jack as actually fallen apart while i was trying to tighten it up which is why i now cant do it myself and im not sure where to get a part or even if the parts are common and cheap. do u know anything about that umph? heres some pics of the inside and some picks of what i have broken ect

heres the part (jack) thats broken

and heres what broke off the inside part of the jack

hope anyone can help and cheers umph for the help so far; )

You can get the jacks from maplins etc. they're quite cheap. You could also replace the other while your in there since it looks like someones bodged it and maybe even stick in some modern double or triple pulls with an LED.

I bet that phaser sounds fat with all those stages! Even more inclined to try it out now ;o