Why become a member? ×

danelectro dc bass body idea

prismrock2003

hello all ive posted this in another section off the forum but dont think its the right place so ive reposted it here.

anyway this is probaly a stupid question and im not sure this is the right section of the forum.........but i was wondering if this was possible :)

this is pretty much just a half baked idea i have but ive always like the danelectro dc bass but the price of one for a student and a bass newbie such as myself is a bit too much. plus them being pretty hard to find doesnt help also. so im going to try to build one. well sort of smile.gif

i would like to make the bass look as orignal as possible so i was thinking of using alot of the parts from a dano 63 bass including neck, pickups etc. except i would like the bass to have a solid body. does anyone know if the 63 and dc have roughly the same neck join?(for templates)

so anyway back to the real question, does anyone know where i could get a body made or failing that some templates?

as i said before this is just a thought so please go easy

Michael