Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* G&L Legacy 2500 –#please remove

thegreenman555

[b]10 Sept 2010: This bass is now sold. Thanks. Faster than the Ricci - go figure...[/b]

[b]G&L Legacy 2500 – 5 String: Classic US made Bass Guitar
[/b]
Up for sale is my stunning year 2000 built G&L Legacy 2500 5 string bass – this is the US model – not the Indonesian Tribute version.

It's up on eBay @ £950, but to one of you guys *as a weekend special* (price goes back up Monday!!) i'll take [b]£750[/b] cash for a super quick sale....and I'm open to offers - but no trades. Cash is King, here..

Those who know bass, know this to be Leo Fender’s last take on the bass, built in Fullerton Avenue, California. A truly awesome bass, with an immense palette of sounds thanks to the huge twin MFD humbuckers, active/passive switching and strung thro body (tho you can run it ‘off the top’ if you prefer less sustain – the custom build G&L bridge allows for both.
[b]
**&at £750 it's a he'll of a lot of bass for the money!**
[/b]
In used, but excellent condition, and comes with its original G&L hard case – its just survived a month long trip from Canada & come thro unscathed.
I really want a quick sale as I'm expecting strong interest in this, and I'd definitely like to sell in the next couple of weeks. So if you have any questions, please let me know quickly on 07753 821525 or by email.

[b]Details:
[/b]Made c. year 2000 US handmade G&L Legacy 2500 bass guitar in natural 'high gloss' finish over the Swamp Ash body. The build quality is excellent – all very solid & it feels like the quality instrument it is.

I bought this bass for my personal use, direct from it’s previous – and original - owner in Canada, but in the intervening months my life has been turned upside down & right now I need the cash for a business project.

The natural high gloss finish on body in particularly stunning and pretty much ‘as new’ even after c.10 years. The maple 6 bolt neck & maple fretboard shows some wear, but consistent with having been played over its life time, but there is no damage to the bass. There is some ‘flaking’ of the chrome on the control knobs – but a new set can be obtained direct from G&L (I was going to) or you can leave it to show that kind of ‘grungy’ vintage/worn look some people like.. I can supply a set of black knobs within the price if that floats your boat…

The demand for G&L instruments is rising steadily in the UK as people appreciate their value (Bass Direct have now been appointed as their official UK dealer) so this will at worst hold its value, and at best you might have a nice little investment for the future.

[b]Condition :[/b]
Excellent - the bass shows some marks from general usage, as shown in the photos, but they just add "character" really – Any questions, just email me.
Any other "marks" in the photos are just wood grain or camera reflections, but if in doubt please ask. I think the bass looks just fabulous – if anything the grains in the wood look much better ‘in the flesh’ than in the photos.

All the controls & electrics work perfectly - no issues - the bass is clean, very straightforward & has been well cared for.

The bass sounds fabulous, a HUGE range of tones, rich & powerful, and she plays very smoothly - the neck is straight, with a comfortable feel - the bass is nicely set up & ready to play. The bass is well-balanced, and a good weight at about 9lbs / 4kg.

Case :- the original G&L fitted hardshell case is included, as shown. All catches & hinges work fine, and generally Excellent Condition, inside & out.

If you're looking for a versatile instrument for playing, and or potential investment, at a sensible price, this USofA made G&L L2500 could be the one for you.

Personal collection is welcome (either in Arundel, West Sussex or Andover, Hampshire), or Courier delivery (it will be well packed & fully insured) :- UK £30.00 "next day" or Europe £75.00 "3 to 5 days". Please contact me for delivery outside Europe.

Edited by thegreenman555

Am I wearing the wrong aftershave? This is one awesome bass - with a fantastic range of sound. A real 'players' bass. And right now no sensible offers refused..it's in Hampshire if you want to take a look.

A new one of these right now is x2ce the price... At least. Just ask Mark @ Bass Direct...