Why become a member? ×

Shallow 2u rack cases?

Finbar

Right, I'm going to be getting a couple of rack units in the next few weeks. They're both for signal processing, rather than amplification, so I don't think they'll be particularly deep. Hard to say until I get them, but a shallow rack should do the job fine.

Would prefer ABS to a wooden one, just for the weight really. This rack won't get abused, it just needs to stand up to being taken in and out of venues possibly by slightly clumsy band members D:

I'd like a rear rack rail so that I can attach a rackmounted 4 way to it. Self contained racks ++

So what options do I have? The Gator is the obvious, though I'm not a massive Gator fan. Even their shallow model will have loads of room, but I can never get over the fact that the butterfly clips are left ON the case itself. The rattling drives me insane, and I'm not taping them down everytime I play.

The SKB and the Boschma would both be preferable IMO, but I don't want the full depth of the standard model of either, and both of their shallow cases have a non-rackable rear, which puts a spanner in the works.

What is a boy to do?

• 1 month later...

ive just received a boschma shallow 2u case today from flightcase warehouse.co.uk . its very sturdy, clips are on the lid, slidey bit on the back, all in all im pleased so far. i have an skb studio to go rack case and its definately sturdier than this, the injection moulded plastic is far more rigid on the boschma. i wouldnt even bother with a gator, in my experience the plastic seems so flimsy on gator cases (ive bought one before and sent it back, and have seen a few close up at gigs) i dont even bother looking at them any more... not to mention the clips on the case itself with gators arrrgh!!

i got my boschme for my korg rack tuner and i think it'll be fine for this. might get myself an rbi or rpm to go in the gap....

as you mentioned there are no rear rack rails on this, only a slide out bit of plastic on the back. im just going to fix a extension lead to the inside of the case with sticky velcro pads or something as a workaround, as like yourself i couldnt find a shallow case with rear rails...

hope this helps