Why become a member? ×

Sold!!!! All gone!!! Thanks to all!

these are whats left of parts from my custom jazz, selling as I want a Pre-EB Ray and want to start another project.

all prices are posted!!!!!!
I will also provide mounting screws if i can (only an issue on the pickups as the ones i have, have broken heads.)

first is a badass II bridge, in great nick and only been attached to two basses, the string hole are a little worn but nothing major. saddles have V grooves. £52.50
[attachment=56003:IMG_1024.jpg] [attachment=56004:IMG_1025.jpg]

Next is a varitone electromic circuit for jazz bass, one of those hand made US ones from eBay.
Build qualiity is top notch, I was very surprised when it arrived how well put together it is, its also very quiet in the switches, and in general operation.
The controls are as follows, two stacked 500k vol/tone pots (one for each pickups)the tone capacitor is I think some kind of ceramic thing, hopefully you can see by the pictures. There is also a series/parallel switch, to add +6db and more deeper lows and mids and the loss of highs(according to alex of barefaced bass) next is a bypass switch for the varitone circuit. the varitone circuit switch has 5 positions, hi cut, more hi cut, mid scoop, dark tone and finally even darker. I found it particulaly useful to cut the high buzz new strings can have, Phatten up the tone, also as few preset Eq settings on an amp with a nice lat output.
they are £100 and up off the bay. this can be yours for £70!
[attachment=56018:IMG_1030.jpg][attachment=56019:IMG_1017.jpg]

Next is a no branded set of EMG style jazz pickups. no idea about anything on these so they are cheaper than chips :)
£20
[attachment=56020:IMG_1028.jpg]

Next is the fender japan jazz pickups out of my jaguar bass. Not much to say on these, fenders website says they are vintage jazz bass single coils, and they give out the typical passive jazz bass tone. ill label which is neck and bridge aswell.
£30
[attachment=56021:IMG_1029.jpg]

Ok here is the main piece. 3 piece alder body, I was told it is US made and it does have a US stamp in the neck pocketand it does look like those bodies available on the bay. It has 2 dings in the front that are really hard to photo graph with my camera, and has some white scratches on the top side, not noticable as I only just noticed myself when photo graphing it. It looks nice and has the all important 'clean' routes to play with out a pickguard like Jaco, the sunburst is nice too.
£75 and its yours.
[attachment=56023:IMG_1012.jpg][attachment=56024:IMG_1009.jpg][attachment=56026:IMG_1010.jpg]
[attachment=56027:IMG_1002.jpg]

OK nearly there.
next is the black pickguard, pictured with the body above. used but does the business.
£20

also a jazz neck pickup cover £9 simples.

finally!!!!
is the mighty mite maple jazz neck. It is strangly beautiful to play, the low amount of lacquar allows for very fast play and is super duper light. Doesn't include the tuners, bushings, or tree tree. Its in great nick and has only 1 set of neck screw holes, and still has the mighty mite stamp visible.
£70 or trade for a maple P bass neck.
[attachment=56031:IMG_0909.jpg]

ok there a picture of the whole thing complete. if you want everything £260 thats cheaper than a squier CV or VMJ new which in my opinion comete is a lot better, you just meed tuners.
Edit: yes the price has gone up as I had greatly miscalculated the total amount of this. However I still think that this is a grade A bass for that amount of money, especially as 3 main parts are US made and it has the bad ass bridge.

Edited by Prime_BASS